Specialised laryngological consultations at MAVIT Medical Centre Specialised Hospital in Katowice are provided by a team of experienced laryngologists whose knowledge allows to diagnose and treat the full range of laryngological diseases. Offices are equipped with modern, specialised diagnostic and operating equipment, as well as materials of the highest quality.
In addition to standard laryngological consultation, at our hospital there can be performed:
- endoscopic and microscopic diagnostics of the nose
- videostroboscopy of the larynx
- diagnostics of hearing disorders in infants, children and adults
- diagnostics and treatment of vertigo and tinnitus.
We offer a constant laryngological care to all companies, institutions and individuals. At MAVIT MC patients have at their disposal the most modern diagnostic devices from Japan, USA and Germany.
At the Hospital there is an operating room equipped with modern equipment used to perform the following procedures:
- removal of the palatine tonsils
- removal of the adenoid hypertrophy
- operation within the area of the submandibular and parotid gland
- microsurgery of the ear and larynx
- correction of nasal turbinates
- correcting curvature of the nasal septum
- reposition of nasal bones after fracture
- surgical treatment of chronic sinusitis using Caldwell-Luc and osteoplastic methods
- functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS).
- ·positioning ventilation rings to the ear, medicating the eardrum trauma, plastics of the eardrum
- removal of lateral or central cyst of the neck
- removal of polyps.
Procedures performed using endoscopic method are performed with surgical instruments introduced through the nostrils. This method allows for precise and minimally-invasive removal of all lesions.
We use endoscopic method to perform diagnostic and surgical procedures of the nose, throat, ears, larynx and trachea in selected cases.
At the hospital there are procedural rooms equipped with the modern equipment used for:
- bilateral sinus puncture
- rinsing the sinuses
- rinsing the ears
- painting the throat
- elimination of epistaxis (tamponades, specialised dressings)
- coagulation of bleeding vessels of the nasal septum (biocoagulation)
- removal of foreign bodies in the area of the nose, ears and throat
- incision or excision of the superior labial frenulum
- excision of lesions of the palate, tongue, mouth and throat
- removal of warts and lesions in the field of the mucosa of the mouth and throat
- removal of atheromas, fibromas, small exostoses in the field of the laryngological organs
- other procedures in the field of the ear, larynx, throat and nose.